- *Wells Fargo Donates $4.1 Million to National Urban League
- *Civil Rights Leaders Al Sharpton, Russel Simmons, and Marc Morial Join Rabbi Marc Schneier to Speak Out on Knockout Game Violence and the Targeting of Jews
- *Redeem the Dream: The National Urban League in 2013
- *Highlights from the 2013 Equal Opportunity Day Awards Dinner
- *Click Here for More Information on the National Urban League Policies, Research and Initiatives!
- *Read the 8 Point Plan: Educate, Employ and Empower
- *Urban League Calls for Vote on Watt Nomination
- *Statement from Marc H. Morial on End of Government Shutdown
- *New Report on Effects of 'Stand Your Ground' Laws
- *Marriott stay can make a difference for National Urban League
- *Watch Online: The Morial Legacy 2012 Video
It’s true in the African American community that many men are never taught how to develop and sustain healthy relationships with one another.
Saving our Sons is an intervention model to help African American men support one another in behavioral change, as well as provide specific information about various diseases like obesity, diabetes, cancer, mental illness and other types of chronic diseases.
One of the primary goals of Saving Our Sons to reduce diabetes and obesity in African American men. In addition, the program strives to connect program participants with primary doctors they will use to continue to monitor their health and wellness.
SOS is a direct product of NUL’s Black Male Initiative, (BMI), established by president Marc H. Morial in the spring of 2004, as a response to the violence, anti-achievement and limited college going rates for African American males in far too many of our communities.