- *Support Our Petition: Raise the Minimum Wage
- *National Urban League Helps Young People Enter and Succeed in the Workforce
- *Jobs Rebuild America: More than a Slogan
- *National Urban League Applauds Introduction of Voting Rights Amendment Act of 2014
- *National Urban League Response to State of the Union Address
It’s true in the African American community that many men are never taught how to develop and sustain healthy relationships with one another.
Saving our Sons is an intervention model to help African American men support one another in behavioral change, as well as provide specific information about various diseases like obesity, diabetes, cancer, mental illness and other types of chronic diseases.
One of the primary goals of Saving Our Sons to reduce diabetes and obesity in African American men. In addition, the program strives to connect program participants with primary doctors they will use to continue to monitor their health and wellness.
SOS is a direct product of NUL’s Black Male Initiative, (BMI), established by president Marc H. Morial in the spring of 2004, as a response to the violence, anti-achievement and limited college going rates for African American males in far too many of our communities.